As the world’s largest manufacturer of piston pins and leading producer of powder metal parts, Burgess-Norton operates seven facilities around the world to serve its global customers. By leveraging its strategic locations throughout North America, Asia, and Europe, it is able to provide the necessary support to meet its customer’s needs locally while streamlining its sourcing and development processes internationally. From prototype requirements and small production batches to high volume programs, BN manages the process from inception through completion.

Burgess-Norton Timeline
  • 1903
    Burgess-Norton MFG was founded by Frank A. Burgess and Henry W. Norton in Geneva, IL. (25 employees)
  • 1941
    Construction of a plant on Western Ave in Geneva, IL by the Ordnance Dept. of the U.S. Army for Burgess-Norton to manufacture track links for tanks prior to WWII.
  • 1952
    Frank A. Burgess Foundation established to provide scholarships to local students.
  • 1954
    Powder Metal program developed.
  • 1968
    Amsted Industries Incorporated purchases Burgess-Norton.
  • 1976
    Claremore, OK piston pin plant built.
  • 1986
    Amsted Industries Incorporated becomes 100% employee-owned.
  • 1999
    Saltillo Mexico plant opens. (closed 2003) Advance Products Corp., Beaver Dam, WI is purchased by Amsted Industries Inc., assigned to Burgess-Norton.
  • 2004
    Acquisition of Salvadori Spinotti s.r.l. of Italy.
  • 2007
    JV Xinyang BN Yinguang established. BN holds 70% stake.
  • 2010
    Monterrey, Mexico Piston Pin plant opened. Claremore, OK plant closed.
  • 2012
    Suzhou, China Piston Pin plant opened (WOFE).